Saturday 27 September 2014

33yr old Mother spends £20,000 on dolls at children’s expense


A British woman, Kerrie Williams, 33, has spent over £20,000 on just seven lifelike dolls, while refusing to spend anything but the necessary on her two daughters, Daily Mail UK reports. The mother of two has spent thousands on clothes, toys and accessories including a £1,000 pram for her collection of ‘reborn’ dolls. The hyper-realistic toys are made from vinyl and designed to resemble human babies. Each doll cost between £150 and £400. Her expensive habit has left her with little spare cash for her daughters Karina, 13 and Jade, 12. Williams admits that she has to scrimp on what she buys for her daughters in order to spoil her fake babies and that Karina and Jade are becoming increasingly jealous of the attention she lavishes on her toys.
“My daughters are always asking me for new clothes. I tell them it’s a waste of money because they will grow out of them,” she says. “Karina wanted a pair of Vans trainers and was furious when I told her I couldn’t afford them. She gets jealous because I bought the reborns the same pair – but they can wear them forever.”

Kerrie began collecting reborn dolls to cope with a miscarriage she suffered in January 2012. She says that her fake babies helped to comfort her when no one else would.
“I was 12 weeks pregnant when I miscarried and I hit rock bottom afterwards. I just desperately wanted another child. My daughters were too old for my hugs and attention. They preferred to go out with their friends instead.

“I love my daughters so much, but babies are completely dependent on their mums, and all I wanted was another little one to hold.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...