Saturday 25 October 2014

My wife wants to bathe me with acid, man tells court


Igando Customary Court sitting in Lagos has dissolved a 25-year-old marriage between Bolaji Adigun and his wife, Kafayat, over threat to life. Bolaji, 56, had filed a divorce suit on August 12, alleging that his wife, Kafayat, threatened his life with acid, among other things. Giving his verdict, the court president, Mr R.I. Adeyeri, said, “Both parties are no longer husband and wife; they are free to go their separate ways.” Bolaji had claimed that his wife threatened to bathe him with acid or stab him with a broken bottle or knife. “There was a night she wanted to pour acid on me when I was asleep but God saved my life and I quickly ran out for my dear life. Continue...
“Anytime we had a misunderstanding, she would pick up a bottle to stab me. “She once chased me out of the house almost naked,” he said. He also accused his wife of moving with friends who influenced her negatively and made her drink alcohol. Bolaji said that Kafayat was also hostile to her step-children. However, 48-year-old Kafayat, a businesswoman, claimed that the acid was fake. “I always used the weapons to protect myself from him; I didn’t mean to hurt him,” she said. She also denied keeping bad friends, drinking much alcohol and being hostile to her step children. The mother of two had prayed the court to save her marriage, insisting that she still loved her husband.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...