Sunday 31 August 2014

My man must pamper me –Miss Tourism Nigeria


Background:  My name is Collete Nwadike. I am Miss Tourism Nigeria World 2014 and Special Assistant to the Anambra State Governor on Tourism. I am from Anambra State. I was born on April 6, 1991 but grew up in Makurdi, Benue State. I had my primary education there before we moved to Lagos. Growing up was fun, with my parents and six older siblings. I was spoilt as the last girl and I got everything I wanted at that time. I studied English Language and Literature at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.



Miss Tourism Nigeria pageant

It started in Owerri where I was auditioned and I made it into the camp. The contestants were all beautiful and it was difficult to choose who would wear the crown—everybody was up on their game. I told myself that I would be real because I had garnered much experience in pageantry and it worked for me.

Influence

Growing up, I always saw myself as a queen. I looked up to ladies like Bianca Ojukwu and Regina Askia. I saw the glamour and beauty and knew I wanted to be like that someday. Then, it became a passion. I went into so many beauty pageants but they did not work out like the Miss Tourism Nigeria pageant did.

Family support

Initially, they did not support me. They saw the competitions as distractions from school. Also, they thought I was too young to handle the fame that would come with it, but as time went on, they saw I wouldn’t stop going for pageants. I got their support. My mum gave me the money to purchase the form for Miss Tourism.

Appointment as Special Assistant

That is the best part of my reign as Miss Tourism Nigeria World. I never saw it coming. It is recognition from my state government.

Life after the competition

It has been fabulous and glamorous. It has been wonderful and I am having the time of my life. At this point, I feel like being Miss Tourism forever.

Pet projects

I am working on the education for the girl child. I, together with the runners-up, intend to build libraries for female schools especially. I am also working with the Anambra State government on the Ogbunike cave. That is my long-term project. We also intend to build a five-star hotel, an amusement park and other facilities that would promote tourism there. Before my reign ends, I intend to take a tour to every tourist site in Nigeria.

Passion

I have a part of me that can still do what I do in real life on camera. Acting is a resemblance to a real life situation. We all act in our little ways. I am shooting a movie series with producer, Obi Emelonye. It would show on Africa Magic. It has been taking my time and I see it coming out beautifully at the end.

Fame

Fame has not taken away my freedom, but it has restricted it. As a queen and public figure, all eyes are on you. But I do not think I am famous yet until the movie starts airing.

Plans after the crown

I still have my office in Anambra State, even after the crown. I still want to be in the public eye and star in more movies. I am seeing a revolution in Nollywood and I want to be part of it.

Relationship

That is something I do not like to talk about. But my ideal guy must be a total gentleman, who is sensitive to my feelings. He must give me attention and pamper me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...